Phillip SlotOriginally from Grand Rapids, Michigan, Phillip Slot practiced law in Los Angeles, California representing some of the largest real estate developers in Southern California. After practicing for a number of years, he returned to his home state of Michigan, practicing with a mid-sized law firm where he specialized in representing substance abuse treatment facilities. In 2013, Phillip started his own law firm, Slot Law Group, PLLC, offering the experience gained from working with a larger firm with the efficiency and customer care that only a small firm can provide. Phillip has dedicated his practice to real estate and business transactions and litigation with a special focus representing substance abuse treatment facilities all over the State of Michigan. “Our goal is to make every client feel like they are our only client.”
- Experienced in health care law, including a special focus representing substance treatment facilities and drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers.
- Assists clients with obtaining land use entitlements, including special use permits and variances, with extensive experience representing substance abuse treatment centers all over Michigan.
- Experienced in assisting clients with licensing, insurance and regulatory compliance in connection with the formation and continued operation of substance abuse treatment centers.
- Experienced in all phases of the litigation process, from pleadings through trial, in both federal and state court.
- Practices in real estate litigation and real estate transactions, including acquisitions, foreclosures, sales, land contracts, leases and ownership structuring.
- Practices in business litigation and business transactions, including drafting and negotiating all types of business contracts and licensing agreements.
- Experienced in corporate law, including business formations, dissolutions, mergers, acquisitions, sales, reorganizations, financing, restructuring, corporate resolutions and daily operational issues.
- Volunteer attorney at Red Project (Grand Rapids Non-Profit in the substance abuse treatment field).
- Alternate member of the City of Grand Rapids Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Practiced in Grand Rapids, Michigan with Kreis, Enderle, Hudgins & Borsos, P.C.
- Practiced in Los Angeles, California representing some of the largest real estate developers in California, and focusing in the areas of business and real estate litigation as well as land use law and environmental compliance, including extensive practice under the California Environmental Quality Act.
- Served as a judicial extern for Chief Judge Robert Bell of the Federal District Court for the Western District of Michigan.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D.
- Grand Valley State University, B.B.A. cum laude