Substance Abuse Treatment Centers
We are a specialized firm dedicated to the representation of substance abuse treatment centers. We provide prompt and attentive service based on experience that is relevant to your industry and does not require training regarding the particulars of your field. We have extensive experience in the following areas:
- Health care compliance.
- Land use issues for substance abuse treatment centers.
- State licensing requirements.
- State and federal regulatory compliance.
- Regulatory compliance in the marketing of substance abuse services.
- Consultation regarding insurance claims and reimbursements.
- Advice regarding medical necessity criteria for substance abuse claims.
- Legal issues specific to insurance claims by non-participating health care providers.
- ERISA matters.
Outside Corporate Counsel Services
As an option to our clients, we offer our services as outside general counsel, which allows you access to routine legal assistance while minimizing the costs to your business. We understand that many small businesses cannot maintain full-time in-house corporate counsel. We also understand that specialized health care attorneys from large firms can be cost prohibitive. Our attorneys believe that many legal problems can be avoided by the limited involvement of legal counsel on a routine basis. We offer flexible billing structures and can provide services pursuant to a monthly service plan or an hourly fee. We can assist as your outside corporate counsel, including representation in the following areas:
- Contract preparation and negotiation.
- Corporate formations, mergers, acquisitions, resolutions and routine governance.
- Routine employment advice.
- Real estate matters.
- Business financing.
- Purchase or sale of business assets.
- Routine phone calls, emails, and legal troubleshooting.
- Identification and mitigation of legal risk.
- Management of outside attorneys including insurance defense counsel.
Real Estate Services
While the public seems to recognize the impact of drugs on society and the importance of substance abuse treatment centers, there is often a desire to locate those treatment centers in other communities. Many communities take this “Not In My Backyard” approach. We have had great success in having treatment centers approved all over Michigan. We take a collaborative approach whenever possible with the local municipalities, but we also understand that in some circumstances conflict cannot be avoided. Due diligence at the purchasing phase is critical to a successful land use entitlement strategy, and we can assist our clients with all phases of the land acquisition process whether through purchase or leasing. Our attorneys have a substantial background in real estate law, which was our first introduction to clients in the treatment industry.
While many legal disputes can be avoided by proactive planning and routine legal advice, we understand that unforeseen events arise and that it may become necessary to institute or defend litigation. Our firm assists its clients will all types of litigation matters from commercial or real estate disputes to routine patient or employee litigation in both state and federal court. We are experienced assisting with the particular litigation needs of clients in the substance abuse treatment field.
Attentive Customer Service
Every one of our clients gets the cell phone number for our attorneys who are available for emergencies 24 hours a day. Our attorneys answer the phones personally and provide attentive client care. “Our goal is to make every client feel like they are our only client”.